We say that the most dangerous criminal now is the entirely lawless modern philosopher. Compared to him, burglars and bigamists are essentially moral men; my heart goes out to them. They accept the essential ideal of man; they merely seek it wrongly. Thieves respect property. They merely wish the property to become their property that they may more perfectly respect it. But philosophers dislike property as property; they wish to destroy the very idea of personal possession. Bigamists respect marriage, or they would not go through the highly ceremonial and even ritualistic formality of bigamy. But philosophers despise marriage as marriage. Murderers respect human life; they merely wish to attain a greater fullness of human life in themselves by the sacrifice of what seems to them to be lesser lives. But philosophers hate life itself, their own as much as other people's … The common criminal is a bad man, but at least he is, as it were, a conditional good man. He says that if only a certain obstacle be removed—say a wealthy uncle—he is then prepared to accept the universe and to praise God. He is a reformer, but not an anarchist. He wishes to cleanse the edifice, but not to destroy it. But the evil philosopher is not trying to alter things, but to annihilate them.1
- ► 2016 (122)
- Answering Objections to the Resurrection (podcast)...
- Hidden Benefits of a Church-Based Apologetics Mini...
- Answering the Bias Objection
- What is Science, Anyway?
- The Contradiction of the Tolerance Brigade
- J.P. Moreland: Why the Church Must Overcome Its Av...
- Questions for Skeptics: Why Aren't You More Skepti...
- A Lot of Hand-Waving by Evolutionists
- What Do You Mean by Evolution?
- Unlikely Candidates for Gospel Writers
- Who Wrote the Gospels – Evidence for John
- Who Wrote the Gospels - Evidence for Luke
- Why Postmoderns are The Most Dangerous People
- Hidden Ways the Gospels Prove Reliable (video)
- Who Wrote the Gospels – Testimony from the Church ...
- Spider-Man, Marvel, and the Need for Justice
- Are Christians Like Atheists With Respect to Islam...
- How to Quickly Debunk the Horus-Jesus Myth
- Questions to Ask Skeptics: What About the Problem ...
- Top Five Apologetics Blog Posts for January
- What Were the Crusades? Busting Some Myths
- Dear Mr. President: Holding to Exclusive Belief is...
- How Would Stephen Fry Answer His Own Challenge to ...
- Taking Advice from an Atheist
- Was the Bible Changed to Make it Look Like Jesus w...
- Questions to Ask Skeptics: Why Are You So Intolera...
- ▼ February (26)
- ► 2014 (287)
- ► 2013 (141)
- ► 2012 (28)
- ► 2011 (25)
- ► 2010 (36)
- ► 2009 (11)
Come Reason's Apologetics Notes blog will highlight various news stories or current events and seek to explore them from a thoughtful Christian perspective. Less formal and shorter than the www.comereason.org Web site articles, we hope to give readers points to reflect on concerning topics of the day.
Sunday, February 15, 2015
Why Postmoderns are The Most Dangerous People
Get the latest news and articles delivered to your inbox each month - absolutely free!