- Apparent design in creation can usually be explained, even if the explanation appeals to transitions and development even when science has absolutely no clue as to how such development occurred. However, appealing to a designer should be immediately dismissed as a "God of the Gaps" argument.
- Good and evil are not objective, but simply the shared preferences of individual cultures and they can change from culture to culture – unless one is talking about the God of the Bible. He's objectively evil.
- Since miracles are much more rare than our everyday experiences, it would be more reasonable to ascribe a seemingly inexplicable event to possible sources we know could account for the event. However, assuming something like the cell that shows fantastic complexity and apparent design is actually the product of design is completely unreasonable.
- The fact that divergent religious claims try to explain the existence of the cosmos prove that all religions are false while the fact that there are divergent scientific theories seeking to explain the existence of the cosmos is how knowledge is acquired and is necessary to eventually arrive at the right conclusion.
- Reason is the only reliable way to establish what is true, and we reason with brains that evolved only for survival value with no regard for the truth of a belief.
- Science is a field of study centered in experimentation and observation and science dictates that life came from nonliving material, even though in the entire history of mankind, no one has ever once observed life coming from non-life.
- It is only through planning, intelligence, and hard work that scientist have been able to extend the lives of human beings while the very life they extend is ultimately the product of no planning, no intelligence, and mere accident.
- The Universe came into existence from nothing – and that nothing is made up of at least two things: quantum fluctuations and time.
- All human beings are the product of evolutionary forces including survival of the fittest, which means that only those who hold the best attributes will advance the species, but all human beings are completely equal and no one is more valuable than another.
- Belief in God is a delusion, religion is a virus and it is morally wrong to push religious beliefs on other by expressing them in invocations or other community-centered meetings, which is why atheists seek to push their belief of the nonexistence of God upon all aspects of society.
- ► 2016 (122)
- ► 2015 (325)
- The Epidemic of Relativism Among Christian Youth
- Why a Good Bible Translation is Not Enough
- Why Modern Man is More Gullible than Christian Bel...
- The Heresies of Mormonism
- Why Our Culture's Value of Feelings Will Be Its Do...
- ISIS, Jihad, and the Model of Muhammad
- Amazing Evidence of God in the Design of Our World...
- Three Ways Our Universe is Designed for Life
- Two Key Problems with Darwinism (video)
- Values so Shockingly Consistent They Make the News...
- Why the Darwinist Version of Life's Origin is Anti...
- The Danger of Colleges and Faux Virtue
- Two More Ways Learning to Defend Your Faith Benefi...
- Four Ways Learning to Defend Your Faith Benefits Y...
- How to Talk about Faith on Facebook
- The Heart of Christian Mystery
- True Freedom Requires Work
- Want to Love God More Fully? Then Engage Your Mind...
- The Bible Commands Us More Than Once to Defend Our...
- Reason and Faith Are Not Opposites
- Gay College Prof Indoctrinating Students
- Top Five Blog Posts for August
- The Strength of a Cumulative Case
- If You Ignore the Trinity, You Ignore the Gospel
- Ten Books That Have Influenced Me in Unique Ways
- 10 Conflicting Beliefs of Modern Atheism
- Taking a Chance that There is No God
- ▼ September (27)
- ► 2013 (141)
- ► 2012 (28)
- ► 2011 (25)
- ► 2010 (36)
- ► 2009 (11)
Come Reason's Apologetics Notes blog will highlight various news stories or current events and seek to explore them from a thoughtful Christian perspective. Less formal and shorter than the www.comereason.org Web site articles, we hope to give readers points to reflect on concerning topics of the day.
Tuesday, September 02, 2014
10 Conflicting Beliefs of Modern Atheism
Get the latest news and articles delivered to your inbox each month - absolutely free!