- ► 2016 (122)
- Witnessing Tips: Identifying Logical Fallacies (vi...
- Was Jesus Buried in a Tomb?
- B.B. Warfield on Why Churches Need Apologetics
- Must Science Assume Atheism?
- Don't Abuse 'What Would Jesus Do'
- Movies Can Make Your Witnessing Efforts Easier
- Why Doesn't God Just Make Everyone Love Him? (vide...
- Why the Gospels Cannot be Dismissed as "Religious"...
- The Necessity of a Biblical Worldview (audio)
- Star Wars, Super Heroes, and How Relativism Doesn'...
- The Irrationality of Indifference to God
- I Think, Therefore God Exists
- Thank Christianity for the Technology Revolution
- The Most Insidious Sin
- Keeping Crosses on Public Lands (audio debate)
- Three Ways Religions Pluralism Fails
- Religious Symbols, Public Land, and the Charge of ...
- Is God An Egomaniac In Desiring Worship? (video)
- Believing in God is not Believing in Magic
- Why "Many Ways to God" Makes No Sense
- Consciousness Undermines Evolution
- We are More than Our Brains – The Reality of the S...
- Atheism and the Illogic of Rejecting All Possible ...
- The Christian View of Halloween (podcast)
- Top Five Apologetics Blog Posts for September 2015...
- Why It Was Better to Be a Christian at That Oregon...
- What "Thou Shalt Not Judge" Really Means
- ▼ October (27)
- ► 2014 (287)
- ► 2013 (141)
- ► 2012 (28)
- ► 2011 (25)
- ► 2010 (36)
- ► 2009 (11)
Come Reason's Apologetics Notes blog will highlight various news stories or current events and seek to explore them from a thoughtful Christian perspective. Less formal and shorter than the www.comereason.org Web site articles, we hope to give readers points to reflect on concerning topics of the day.
Thursday, October 15, 2015
Keeping Crosses on Public Lands (audio debate)
Within the last ten years or so groups like the Americans United for the Separation of Church and State have brought lawsuit after lawsuit seeking to remove crosses from various public lands. One recent skirmish hit very close to home for me, as AU attorneys sought to remove the historic Mt. Rubidoux cross in my home town of Riverside, CA.
When the cross was threatened, I was asked by radio host Lou Desmond to appear on his show and go toe to toe with the secularist attorney seeking to sue the city of Riverside. Listen in as we discuss the historic background that roots the cross in culture and see why arguments like those made by Americans United for the Separation of Church and State are inconsistent and ultimately unconvincing.
Download the mp3 file here.
Get the latest news and articles delivered to your inbox each month - absolutely free!