- ► 2017 (47)
- ► 2016 (122)
- Can Governments Define Marriage? (video)
- The Odds Against a Natural Account of Life's Origin
- Answering a Unique Objection to Natural Marriage Laws
- "Lost Gospels" are to the Gospels as Sci-Fi is to ...
- Why There's No Such Thing as a Lost Gospel
- Does a Fertilized Egg Have a Soul?
- Is Morality Grounded in Nature, Utility, or God?
- Os Guinness Says "We Are All Apologists Now"
- Is It Fair for God to Judge Those Who Never Heard?
- There Are No Blind Forces worth Speaking about in ...
- Flipped: Same-Sex Couple Demands Christians NOT Pr...
- The Danger in Abandoning Moral Principles
- What Isn't Being Talked about in the Pew Study
- Christianity and Super-Hero Movies (podcast)
- How Modern Desire for Virtue Corrupts Virtue
- Christianity and the Disappearing Millennials: Exc...
- How Society is Regressing: Pushing Equality over E...
- Something Stinks in the Media's Reporting of the P...
- Proofs Society Is Regressing: Sympathy Trumps Science
- Proofs Society Is Regressing: Abdicating Our Right...
- The True Value of Motherhood
- Talking Faith Without Fighting (video)
- Why Knowing God Requires More than Feeling His Pre...
- Why Those "Lost Books" of the Bible Don't Cut It
- What Distinguishes a Text as Scripture? Authority ...
- Does the Story of the Resurrection Have a Flaw?
- Atheists and Unreasonable Objections
- Top Five Apologetics Blog Posts for April 2015
- Why Studying Science is Important for Evangelism
- ▼ May (29)
- ► 2014 (287)
- ► 2013 (141)
- ► 2012 (28)
- ► 2011 (25)
- ► 2010 (36)
- ► 2009 (11)
Come Reason's Apologetics Notes blog will highlight various news stories or current events and seek to explore them from a thoughtful Christian perspective. Less formal and shorter than the www.comereason.org Web site articles, we hope to give readers points to reflect on concerning topics of the day.
Monday, May 25, 2015
Is Morality Grounded in Nature, Utility, or God?
Just as there are three possible sources for moral obligations (determined, designed, or discovered—see previous video), there are three competing ideas offered today for the grounding of morality. Can one derive objective moral principles from naturalism or utilitarianism or must moral law be grounded in God alone? In this last of a four-part series, Lenny discusses the problems with both naturalistic and utilitarian view of morality and shows why moral values and duties are rooted in God and his laws.
Get the latest news and articles delivered to your inbox each month - absolutely free!