- ► 2016 (122)
- ► 2015 (325)
- ► 2014 (287)
- 2013 Top Ten Apologetics Tweets
- 2013 Top Five Apologetics Podcasts
- How to Know the Bible is Really from God
- 2013 Top Ten Apologetics Blog Posts
- 2013 Was a Great Year for Apologetics
- The First Christmas Eve - A Devotion
- Does Criticism of Homosexuality Foster High Suicid...
- Phil Robertson, Gay Marriage, and Equality Laws
- Life Itself Shows the Fingerprints of Intelligence...
- Comparing The Matrix, Tolerance, and the Truth
- Can Infinite Universes Explain Fine-Tuning?
- Have We Lost the Christian Mind?
- Is Christmas Really a Pagan Holiday? (video)
- Should We Take the Slaughter of the Canaanites Lit...
- Of Mice and Men - How Our Assumptions Color Our Un...
- Would Torture be Good if God is Evil?
- Pagan Christmas Trees and the Burden of Proof
- A Brave New World: Why Science Cannot Replace Reli...
- Some Problems with Consequentialism
- Separating What's Possible from What's Reasonable
- Arguing from Ignorance
- How Teaching Answers Fails Christian Students
- Why the Origin of Life Requires a Creator
- ▼ December (23)
- ► 2012 (28)
- ► 2011 (25)
- ► 2010 (36)
- ► 2009 (11)
Come Reason's Apologetics Notes blog will highlight various news stories or current events and seek to explore them from a thoughtful Christian perspective. Less formal and shorter than the www.comereason.org Web site articles, we hope to give readers points to reflect on concerning topics of the day.
Saturday, December 14, 2013
Is Christmas Really a Pagan Holiday? (video)
Every Christmas, the charge is made that the holiday and its symbols were originally pagan celebrations that Christians usurped for their own purposes. Is this true? Is Christmas just a cheap imitation of a Roman Solstice celebration? Did Christians attempt to convert unbelievers by allowing them to keep their festivals? As the holiday season approaches, we'll show why such a charge can be easily dismissed.
For more videos, be sure to visit the Come Reason YouTube channel at http://www.youtube.com/comereason
Get the latest news and articles delivered to your inbox each month - absolutely free!