"Don't let anybody bully you. I meet Christians all the time who think all the smart people are on the other side. That's not true. And if you don't know how to defend your faith, that's OK; we've got people who do. And we're community; we don't all have to know how. Because we have different roles to play. But we have people in our community who are as smart as the people on the other side and we know what we're talking about. You don't need to let anybody bully you because what the Scriptures teach at the end of the day makes sense and they're reasonable and we have nothing to be ashamed of in believing in the Creator God that we believe in."J.P. is right. We have very smart people with incredibly strong arguments who are able to show the Christian worldview is at least as reasonable as modern secular viewpoints, if not more so. I know that there is a vast amount of data one must sift through in order to truly understand the points in question, but all Christians should be aware that we do have the goods, and they can walk confidently knowing that Christianity is an intelligent faith.
- ► 2015 (301)
- ► 2014 (287)
- Three Signs of Religious Cults - Offering a New Re...
- Three Signs of Religious Cults - God's Inside Guy
- Jesus or Skeptic? The New York Times Gets Confused...
- Seeing Jesus as an Intellect
- God and Our Technology
- Who Should Be Able to Speak in the Abortion Debate...
- Atheists, Pink Unicorns, and God
- The Great God Debate: Does God Exist? Esposito vs ...
- Should We Separate Religious Beliefs from the Law?...
- CSI has Nothing on Cold-Case Christianity
- J.P. Moreland to Young Christians: "Don't let anyb...
- Authority Matters
- Defining Morality: Objective Morals Must Be Ground...
- ▼ July (13)
- ► 2012 (28)
- ► 2011 (25)
- ► 2010 (36)
- ► 2009 (11)
Come Reason's Apologetics Notes blog will highlight various news stories or current events and seek to explore them from a thoughtful Christian perspective. Less formal and shorter than the www.comereason.org Web site articles, we hope to give readers points to reflect on concerning topics of the day.
Tuesday, July 09, 2013
J.P. Moreland to Young Christians: "Don't let anybody bully you"
Get the latest news and articles delivered to your inbox each month - absolutely free!