- ► 2017 (47)
- Why God Doesn't Create a World with Less Suffering
- SCOTUS Ignoring the Constitution
- Are Christians Too Judgmental? (podcast)
- How Can You Love God Fully If You Can't Show Jesus...
- Is Rejecting God a Sign of Rationality or Resentment?
- Do Christians and Muslims Worship the Same God?
- A Christian Response to the Tragedy in Orlando (vi...
- Why Eternal Punishment is not Nonsensical
- Let's Change our Message on Sex (video series)
- For the Naturalist, Why Die for an Idea?
- ▼ June (10)
- ► 2015 (325)
- ► 2014 (287)
- ► 2013 (141)
- ► 2012 (28)
- ► 2011 (25)
- ► 2010 (36)
- ► 2009 (11)
Come Reason's Apologetics Notes blog will highlight various news stories or current events and seek to explore them from a thoughtful Christian perspective. Less formal and shorter than the www.comereason.org Web site articles, we hope to give readers points to reflect on concerning topics of the day.
Wednesday, June 15, 2016
A Christian Response to the Tragedy in Orlando (video)
The recent slaughter at the gay nightclub in Orlando Florida has sparked a variety of reactions. The gunman was Muslim, even claiming to act in solidarity with ISIS and the victims were gay. But, some blame the motivation for the murderous rampage on the anti-homosexual stance taken by Christians.
It is true that Christians have been at odds with those who lobby for things like same sex marriage. Activists have sued Christian bakers, florists, photographers, innkeepers, and others forcing them to lose their livelihoods. So, how should Christians respond in this instance? The answer is that Christians should love the LGBT so much they are willing to lay down their lives.
In this short video, Lenny looks to the instructions Paul lays out in Romans 12:9-21 and says Christians should show love. We should be self-sacrificial, even when those who would persecute you are being threatened. See why Christians should be willing to step in front of a bullet meant for another, no matter what their political stance is.
Get the latest news and articles delivered to your inbox each month - absolutely free!