- ► 2017 (47)
- Why Doesn't God Prove He Exists? Because It Wouldn...
- Mark Feb 24 as a Key Date in the Battle for Religi...
- Star Wars, SideWays, and Film as Cultural Touchstone
- Exploring the Value of the Human Body
- How Sci Fi Smuggles in a Godless Humanity (video)
- Why Science Cannot Ground All Knowledge
- The Unvarished Bias of Scientism
- Quick Answers to the Charge of Bible Contradictions
- Evangelism Needs to Become More Intellectual
- What is Wisdom and How Can I Find It?
- History is a Problem for Those Who Doubt Jesus Was...
- Has Archaeology Proven the Gospel of John?
- Time Is No Longer the Friend of Darwinism
- Making Good Arguments for the Faith (podcast)
- Trying to Become More Relevant Makes Liberal Churc...
- Making the Most of your Daily Devotions (Free Bibl...
- Book Review: The Fate of the Apostles by Sean McDo...
- ▼ February (17)
- ► 2015 (325)
- ► 2014 (287)
- ► 2013 (141)
- ► 2012 (28)
- ► 2011 (25)
- ► 2010 (36)
- ► 2009 (11)
Come Reason's Apologetics Notes blog will highlight various news stories or current events and seek to explore them from a thoughtful Christian perspective. Less formal and shorter than the www.comereason.org Web site articles, we hope to give readers points to reflect on concerning topics of the day.
Saturday, February 20, 2016
How Sci Fi Smuggles in a Godless Humanity (video)
Our media shapes our culture in many ways. Popular television and film can offer viewpoints that are antithetical to Christian beliefs. Sometimes this happens overtly. Other times it's more subtle.
In this short clip, Lenny highlights two key filmmakers—Gene Roddenberry, creator of Star Trek and Joss Whedon who created Firefly and several wildly popular Marvel features—and demonstrates how their worldview leaks onto the screen, influencing their viewers.
Get the latest news and articles delivered to your inbox each month - absolutely free!