- ► 2016 (122)
- Can Governments Define Marriage? (video)
- The Odds Against a Natural Account of Life's Origi...
- Answering a Unique Objection to Natural Marriage L...
- "Lost Gospels" are to the Gospels as Sci-Fi is to ...
- Why There's No Such Thing as a Lost Gospel
- Does a Fertilized Egg Have a Soul?
- Is Morality Grounded in Nature, Utility, or God?
- Os Guinness Says "We Are All Apologists Now"
- Is It Fair for God to Judge Those Who Never Heard?...
- There Are No Blind Forces worth Speaking about in ...
- Flipped: Same-Sex Couple Demands Christians NOT Pr...
- The Danger in Abandoning Moral Principles
- What Isn't Being Talked about in the Pew Study
- Christianity and Super-Hero Movies (podcast)
- How Modern Desire for Virtue Corrupts Virtue
- Christianity and the Disappearing Millennials: Exc...
- How Society is Regressing: Pushing Equality over E...
- Something Stinks in the Media's Reporting of the P...
- Proofs Society Is Regressing: Sympathy Trumps Scie...
- Proofs Society Is Regressing: Abdicating Our Right...
- The True Value of Motherhood
- Talking Faith Without Fighting (video)
- Why Knowing God Requires More than Feeling His Pre...
- Why Those "Lost Books" of the Bible Don't Cut It
- What Distinguishes a Text as Scripture? Authority ...
- Does the Story of the Resurrection Have a Flaw?
- Atheists and Unreasonable Objections
- Top Five Apologetics Blog Posts for April 2015
- Why Studying Science is Important for Evangelism
- ▼ May (29)
- ► 2014 (287)
- ► 2013 (141)
- ► 2012 (28)
- ► 2011 (25)
- ► 2010 (36)
- ► 2009 (11)
Come Reason's Apologetics Notes blog will highlight various news stories or current events and seek to explore them from a thoughtful Christian perspective. Less formal and shorter than the www.comereason.org Web site articles, we hope to give readers points to reflect on concerning topics of the day.
Sunday, May 31, 2015
Can Governments Define Marriage? (video)
The issue of what marriage is who should be allowed to marry is making headlines around the world. With the homosexual lobby pushing for states to recognize same-sex marriage, it becomes more important than ever to understand just what marriage means and who has control over its definition.
In this video, Lenny explains that marriage stems not from any law or court decision, but from the same source as human equality: natural law. Thus marriage, like human equality, cannot be redefined.
Image courtesy Fibonacci Blue [CC BY 2.0], via Wikimedia Commons
Get the latest news and articles delivered to your inbox each month - absolutely free!