- ► 2016 (122)
- ► 2015 (325)
- ► 2014 (287)
- Why is Thanksgiving an "Accepted" Religious Holida...
- Debunking 'Bible Secrets' Television Shows
- What to Think About the Atheist Church Movement?
- 1908 Writer Describes 21st Century with Amazing Ac...
- How Hard is It to Change a Belief?
- How Do You Change a Belief?
- Retiring the Cliche "If You Can Talk Someone into ...
- The One Question Mormons Hope You Don't Ask
- How Heresies Tried to Change Scripture
- Don't Avoid the JWs, or You May Lose a Christian!
- ▼ November (10)
- ► 2012 (28)
- ► 2011 (25)
- ► 2010 (36)
- ► 2009 (11)
Come Reason's Apologetics Notes blog will highlight various news stories or current events and seek to explore them from a thoughtful Christian perspective. Less formal and shorter than the www.comereason.org Web site articles, we hope to give readers points to reflect on concerning topics of the day.
Saturday, November 02, 2013
How Heresies Tried to Change Scripture
Were books left out of the Bible? What are heresies against scripture? How did the early church determine which writings should be recognized as scripture and which shouldn't? In this one hour lecture, Lenny reviews the heretical movements that plagued the early church in regards to Scripture. The teaching is part of the Deepening Your Faith series put on at Harvest Christian Fellowship. For more information on that class, visit http://deepfaith.harvest.org/
Get the latest news and articles delivered to your inbox each month - absolutely free!