- ► 2016 (122)
- ► 2015 (325)
- Christians Must Stop Staying Invisible (video)
- You're Smarter than You Think You Are
- Blinding with Science
- Why Didn't God Create a World Where Everyone Would...
- What Will We Remember in Heaven?
- Why Isn't the Skeptic Skeptical About His Morality...
- Why Every Christian Needs to Study Theology
- Postmodernism is Infecting the Church
- Atheist Insults Believers and Is Stunned at the Re...
- Forrest Gump and Jesus' Resurrection
- Atheists Contradict Themselves by Seeking Invocati...
- Waiting Until You Feel Your Faith is Dangerous
- Beyond Science: Understanding Real Knowledge
- J.P. Moreland on Why God Won't Force People Into H...
- Reaching Your Community by Intentionally Reaching ...
- How to Get into Spiritual Conversations - Part 2
- Arguing God's Existence Even When There are No Ath...
- Scientism tries to Turn Man into a Monkey
- Digging into the Reliability of the OT Books of Ki...
- Ann Coulter is Wrong-People are More than Numbers
- Big Change at Come Reason - August Update
- What is the Uncaused Cause of the Universe?
- Would Rape Be Moral If God Commanded It?
- Thinking Less About Stuff and More About God (vide...
- Top Five Come Reason Apologetics Blog Posts for Ju...
- Christians in the Middle Ages Did Not Believe in a...
- ▼ August (26)
- ► 2013 (141)
- ► 2012 (28)
- ► 2011 (25)
- ► 2010 (36)
- ► 2009 (11)
Come Reason's Apologetics Notes blog will highlight various news stories or current events and seek to explore them from a thoughtful Christian perspective. Less formal and shorter than the www.comereason.org Web site articles, we hope to give readers points to reflect on concerning topics of the day.
Saturday, August 16, 2014
Reaching Your Community by Intentionally Reaching Out (video)
There's a lot of worry in our churches today. Everyone is asking "How can we stop the tide of young people leaving the church?" Even Bible-believing churches have seen a decrease in the number of young people engaging. But all is not dire.
In our relativistic culture, people generally want to find something that is more meaningful and more solid than the whims of amorphous spirituality that the world preaches. Young people want to take action! In this video I talk about how among Christians, interest in participating in community projects is escalating. That means the Church has a great opportunity to reach out in love, to touch the lives of others, and to show one way Christianity is still incredibly relevant in the world today.
For more on this idea, see my post here.
Get the latest news and articles delivered to your inbox each month - absolutely free!